This village, which now has 1,800 inhabitants, was founded by Severyn Orłowsky, who started building his grand palace here. Hence the name, actually. It is interesting that the village, unlike many similar settlements in Ukraine, is flourishing. There is a modern center for administrative services, a house of culture, a school where children are studying, a small bread factory operates, clay is extracted, including rare blue. There is a museum where some things from the Orłowski Palace are.
Severyn Orłowski built the palace in the form of classicism, with a large central portico. Nearby, a farmyard with a carriage house was built in the same style, which still exists in our time. In their palace, Severyn Orłowski and his descendants collected many valuable paintings, ancient weapons, empire furniture, as well as a large library. The palace had two dining rooms: a smaller one for everyday meals and a larger one for receptions and accounts. In the smaller room, there was a large collection of European porcelain and silverware (several hundred items). One of these rooms was called Blue. In it, a place of honor was occupied by the piano of a student of Franz Liszt, purchased by the Sokolovski — this family owned the estate on Orłowski — in 1883 in Paris. In the library, in six Empire cabinets, there were 5 thousand volumes, each of which had an Ex-Libris "Severynivka library of A. Sokolovskyi". In the billiard room, there were 15 drawings of the Polish school, which in the days of the First World War were given for storage in one of the Kyiv museums, and from where they did not return. The hunting hall had 38 pairs of horns, under each of which there was a sign with the inscription when and where the animal was killed. A separate room was occupied by a huge collection of weapons. The palace was reconstructed into a sanatorium, and during this reconstruction, its exterior and interior decoration were destroyed. Only the balcony on the park side remained.
Apparently, the first Roman Catholic Church appeared in Mankivtsi in 1769 and was built of wood. The current one was built in 1789, at a time when the baroque was already leaving and classicism was beginning. The church was built by local landowner Jozef Dembskyi. In the 19th century, the church was surrounded by a brick wall with a magnificent gate in the neo-Gothic style. In 1919, the Bolsheviks shot the local rector prior in Vinnytsia. The church was closed, but from 1941 to 1953 it was active. During the Khrushchov persecution of religion, the church was closed for the second time. It is gradually being destroyed. The roof is no longer there, and the entrance gate is partially destroyed. Now there are no Catholics in the village, so there is no one to take care of the church.