Brailiv is much smaller than Hnivan. The first date when the city was mentioned is 1594. It was founded by Pelahiia Pechykhvostska. Brailiv flourished in the 18th century when the Pototski founded and built here the monastery of the Trinitarian Fathers. It became the dominant feature of the town thanks to the high bell tower. After the anti-Russian November Uprising of 1831, the Trinitarian fathers were expelled from monastery (let us remind that their main duty was to ransom Christians out of Muslim captivity) and an orthodox convent was moved here. The last one was closed twice by the Soviet authorities: in 1932 and 1962, placing a vocational school dormitory here. Right next to the monastery, on the territory of an inactive Sewing factory, there are two synagogues, which, however, can only be seen from behind the fence. Opposite the factory is the Roman Catholic sanctuary of Jesus of Nazarene, and at the other end of the town is an old Catholic Cemetery with a Chapel of 1825 and ancient burials. One of them is the grave of Polish soldiers who died in 1920 in a battle with the Bolsheviks.
This Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Church was built by the city's community after the Trinitarian monastery was taken away from the Catholics. It was built on the old castle by the efforts of priest Severyn Shydlovskyi in 1879 and the miraculous sculpture of Jesus of Nazarene was moved here. It was brought to Brailiv by Trinitarians from Madrid. Unfortunately, it was destroyed by the Bolsheviks. The church, as well as the monastery, was closed twice. In Soviet times, there were a club and a vodka factory. Since the early 1990s, the church has been given to believers. Now it has an exact copy of the sculpture of Jesus of Nazarene. Today it is a sanctuary, which means a sacred place.
In 1867, the land in Brailiv was purchased by a Russian railway builder of German origin, Karl von Meck. At the same time, he began to build a palace. It became famous due to the fact that since 1879 Petro Tchaikovsky, who was taken care of by Karl von Meck's widow Nadiia Filaretivna, regularly came here to live and create. She paid him a monthly scholarship, which allowed him to live independently. In Brailiv, the composer created his first orchestral suite "The maid of Orlean" and other works. In 1881, Claude Debussy, a home pianist who was certainly inspired by Tchaikovsky, worked here. A bigger part of the palace is used for an educational institution, but in the corner tower – there is the Tchaikovsky Museum.